Thursday, June 30, 2016

Workout Class with Susan

On Tuesday I went to another workout class with my host mom, Susan. She had mentioned the class several times and two weeks ago (before leaving for Tuscany) she asked me if I would like to go with her and I very excitedly said yes! During the first three weeks in Grado I had been looking for ways to stay in shape without spending the money to join a gym. I had convinced myself that walking everywhere and riding my bike was good enough exercise for the summer. And, while walking and biking are good cardio, I was hit with a reality check when I felt weak lifting my backpack (not a good sign). At this point I decided it was time to be more serious about staying in shape for the summer and swim season that begins early fall semester. So Susan’s invitation had perfect timing!
Tuesday was my second time joining Susan and I absolutely love it! Although the workouts are hard (I was very sore after my first class) it worth it for the workout and the experience. I not only get to spend time with Susan but also have had the opportunity to meet new people and be a part of a community in Grado. Not to mention the facility is very nice and the instructor is awesome. His favorite line is “andiamo!!”; so the word has taken on new meaning for me. I look forward to attending more classes and making the most of my last month in Grado!






No comments:

Post a Comment