Monday, June 6, 2016

La Prima Settimana

Okay, so week one is finally complete and I can already tell my Italiano has improved! Over the course of the week, Professor Michael Seaman has taken us to so many historical places, I can’t even count. It’s one thing to just read about these places in text books and have conversations about then but actually visiting them in person is just completely jaw dropping. The thing I never realized that in America most historical places only date back to the 1700’s and 1800’s because were still very young but in Italia and most of Europe things can date to the 1300’s, 1200’s and even dating back to BC times, its unreal. Also, having Professor Seaman give us one of his personal tours even enhances the trips, he got to be one of the most knowledgeable person, I’ve ever met.
                  While Austin, Mitch and me were out one time at a beach disco, they played a ton of American music and whenever the song would tell you to do something like “put your hands up!” nobody would because they don’t understand English. I don’t know, I just had to throw this out there because I thought this was hilarious. I’m also unsure if its possible for that Italiano food to taste bad. Biggest fear currently is returning home and starving to death because everything tastes bad… (Sorry mom)
 Currently, my new goals for next week are to have a somewhat decent conversation in Italiano, make more Italiano friends and maybe visit Trieste!


No comments:

Post a Comment