Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Week 2/Beautiful Aquileia and Venice



Week 2/Blog #3 
 My time in Italy is flying by. Each day is packed with fun activities and we are constantly on the go.  I am getting to know my host family better.  The communication barrier is still there, but we are learning to communicate with each other.  The other day I came downstairs at 11 PM to use the bathroom and I ended up eating gelato and fresh fruit with my host mom as we watched the evening news. I couldn't understand everything the newscaster was saying, but the experience was interesting nonetheless.  I so appreciate the hot breakfast my host mom makes for me every morning.  I come down to scrambled eggs and toast everyday with homemade strawberry jam.  Sometimes there is bacon too.  I look forward to it every morning. The other day I also went out for pizza with my host family. Their 26 year old daughter, Camilla,  came with us. It was nice having her there because she is able to translate a lot of what her mom is saying to me.  Camilla also brought me some delicious filled apricot croissants the other day.  Needless to say I am eating very well here. Camilla took Mitch and I out to show us around and showed us all the good restaurants.  We had a lot of fun.  

We enjoyed traveling to ancient places like Aquileia, located on the Adriatic Sea and Venice. I have really enjoyed learning about history and visiting churches.  The museums are magnificent.  I do not know if the museums in the United States are not as grand or I just don't appreciate them as much.  Italy is culturally so rich and beautiful.  The architecture and the art are impressive.   I took a train ride and a gondola ride for the first time.   I am trying to absorb everything so I can remember it.  I am getting to know my way around Grado better and I am enjoying the opportunity to see other parts of Italy.

I am looking forward to learning more Italiano and traveling.  
I love Italy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment