Sunday, June 26, 2016

First Travel Weekend - Amsterdam (Post 4)

This weekend was the first time that we could travel so two of my friends and I decided to hop on a plane and fly off to Amsterdam. It was each of our first time’s in the Netherlands so none of us really knew what to expect to see other than the beauty we had previously seen in social media photos posted by friends who had previously visited. After the continued stress of traveling through and running through the airports trying to make our connections we finally made it. Just as we were getting to the hotel excited to take in everything the city had to offer, we fell fast asleep. After a long week of class, tests, and travel I guess that was just what we needed. It worked out well actually because we woke up the next morning refreshed and ready for a day of walking and exploring all over Amsterdam. Amsterdam is such a beautiful place. We spent hours walking and I was constantly amazed at the beauty I would see from every glance. The lined up, multi-colored houses on the water, bridges, canals, and boats were absolutely breathtaking.
Something I personally loved about Amsterdam was it’s diversity. Walking around I heard various languages and saw people from various ethnicities and cultures. Even just walking down the street you saw every type of restaurant from Thai to Spanish. Amsterdam is unique because it accepts every type of person which is something I have fully witnessed so much condensed in one area. As happy as I was to return to Grado after the weekend I loved my time spent in Amsterdam and would love to return one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment