Sunday, June 26, 2016

Week in Tuscany (Post 8)

This past week off has been amazing. I have seen some of the most beautiful views and tasted the best foods. Although I do wish that we had more time to relax by the pool at the villa I am glad for all the wonderful places I was able to see. The heat, sweating, and pain in my feet from walking was all worth experiencing various provinces of Italy. Each place was unique in it’s own special way from the previous ones which surprised me (even though every place had equally great pizza, wine, and gelato). My two favorite things I got to experience was our evening at the Castello Banfi and our day and night in Siena.
The Castello Banfi was just ridiculously cool. I mean how can a castle in Italy not be? The views plus the homemade wine and vinegar combined equaled the perfect evening. It also a super great place to buy gifts for my family back home. Our night with the group there was nothing near of magical and so exciting for all of us.
Siena might be one of my favorite places I’ve been in Italy. The views were breathtaking and the culture of the horserace and various districts was so interesting to me as well. I loved the flags that each district had to represent themselves and the competition and pride from each of their people. The whole medieval feel was so cool to experience and I would love to return one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment