Friday, June 17, 2016

Even a simple week

The past week has been the week leading up to our 6 day long trip in Tuscany, where we will explore different locations of the Region daily. That being said, we didn't have a lot of class events planned for us. However, thats not to say that this week wasn't as enjoyable as any other one. Grado may not have the movie theaters or shopping malls (etc.) that we are so used to in the city life, but it offers something quite different. It really took a week of doing nothing for me to realize that. Riding my bike to class and back home daily must be one of the most therapeutic things i've every done in my life. To be able to ride along the beautiful horizon and feel the sun of my face is an irreplaceable feeling. Only thoughts of joy run through my mind as I realize how lucky I am to be here. We get to relax in a place where worry is... well, not to be worried about. I find myself often taking a break and getting off my bike, not because i'm tired or fatigued, but because I can't stop myself from appreciating the natural delicacies that Grado has to offer. This morning I found myself ten minutes early for class. So instead of waiting around, I decided to sit along the beach and just look out into the distance of the ocean. With my daily dose of Drake playing in my headphones and the warm breeze on my cheeks, I knew for a fact that I would never choose to be anywhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment