Saturday, June 25, 2016

Week 3

Buonasera friends and family,

We are coming to the end of week three.  This week I got back into my routine of going to class and having a regular week and we had three chapter tests. I joined a gym here (to make room for more bread) and so I added working out back into my daily schedule. 
But besides the gym part, we've been pretty invested in school.  School work has been  very demanding, which I knew coming into the program. After our final test on Friday though we all went to the beach together and hung out which was so relaxing after our hard week then we got class off to watch the Italy v. Sweden soccer match. I'm not a fan of soccer but it was really cool to see the whole town setting aside everything so that they could watch the game.
Next week, we get the entire week off to go to Tuscany and tour all the places around there which will be awesome. My host family continues to try and help us with our studying, and is starting to make me and Quincy speak Italian to them instead of communicating in English. I am good at doing Italian on paper and in class, but coming up with sentences on the spot and understanding the Italian when it is being spoken is a lot harder for me.
Updates to come about Tuscany!!

Ciao,

McKenzie Boyle

No comments:

Post a Comment