Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Basketball in Italy

One of my biggest concerns since being in Italy is exercising. The amount of food people eat here is crazy and its not like I'm a member at a gym I can go to here. So I had to find something to do in order to keep the weight away. It wasn't going to be running and swimming is too inconvenient, so I chosen basketball. There's a court nearby my apartment so I've started playing about an hour n half a day. I play in high school a bit so its been pretty fun, and it turns out people here love basketball. Andrea is the host brother of two girls on the trip and he plays with me and some friends almost every day. Often people will be walking by the court and stop and play with us. The sport isn't as popular here as it is in America but the people here love balling with the americans. I've even had kids come up to me and ask if I played in the NBA (obviously they hadn't watched me play for very long). Andrea is really good and his older brother plays for a nation U19 team so he'll kick our butt every now and again. Me playing has even started to get some of the other Italian students up and moving. My roommate AJ seems to always be sleeping or watching soccer. However, he's started playing with us more and more now that he realizes there's more to life than soccer (kidding AJ don't worry). Basketball has been a great way to stay in shape and make some new friends around Grado and I'm glad more people have started to join me.
In other news the Cavs won the NBA championship. PROTECT THE LAND!
That's all for now, until next time.
Caio
Austin MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment