Saturday, June 4, 2016

Trust me on this one...

How does one begin to describe one of the best days he has ever experienced in life? Yes, I did have to wake up early, and who likes doing that right? But this early morning didn't have the same drag as any other, being taken to the beautiful Northeast region of Italy, Friuli- Venezia Giulia. Our day began with a tour through Casali Chiamot, a castle with history that defines the Italian culture with beauty, antiques, unique architecture, and royalty. Every room and structure built within the castle had a specific purpose that was (for a lack of a better phrase) "mind blowing."It became rapidly clear, the creators of the castle were skilled, intellectual and experienced. To actually be in a castle, instead of the many depictions i've seen throughout life, seemed like a movie to me. I could imagine the countless battles, the other distanced castles, and the hordes that were defended against, keeping the walls up and healthy even until this day. I could imagine the personalities of the many family descendants that have owned the castle throughout hundreds of years, simply by looking at their portraits.  But even better, we got to meet the current owner of the castle, which actually sent chills throughout my spine. I have never been in the presence of royalty, and hearing her speak with such joy and excitement towards us, made me feel humbled and even more appreciative to be in a place that I knew I would probably never experience again.
The day seemed perfect as we continued to tour the many other sights of the town, with a few hours flying by and feeling like a few mere moments. Time flies when you're constantly in amazement. I did, however, have to deal with my jaw pain (it seemed a smile was stuck on my face for too long). But in no way did it end after the tour. We were pleasantly surprised when our professor took us to see one of the most popular wine distilleries of Italy in the castle of Casanova. Through their fine ways of growing and picking grapes and distilling their wine, it made a lot of sense why Italy was and is so known for it.
After all these great experiences, we had just one more that everyone had been looking forward to. I don't quite remember the name of the restaurant, but I remember the view of grape vines and vibrant green, stretching for what seemed like miles. And I definitely remember the 8 course meal that followed, leaving me Molto soddisfatto (very satisfied). It was a day of well spent energy, fun and amazement. Furthermore, I had the chance to further develop my friendships with everyone else in the class, something that I value greatly.
 To whoever is reading this, I wish that this post could explain just a hint of today's wonderment and personal pleasure, but honestly words just don't do it justice. Trust me on that. But I do hope the picture attached can offer just a bit more.
Ciao! E ci vediamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment