Monday, June 27, 2016

The Farm House in Toscana

Last week our class took a break from class in Grado and spent a week traveling all through beautiful Tuscany. I had been very excited to go on this trip ever since I heard about it at DePauw and it did not disappoint. Traveling and learning all about the different cities surrounding the area was amazing, and I will get more in-depth on specific places in other blogs, but one of my favorite places would have to be the farmhouse in which we stayed during the trip. Upon arrival, I was blown away by the beautiful scenery of where I would be spending my week. It was so tranquil and beautiful to be living out in the hills of Tuscany and I never wanted to leave. Our farmhouse was about 20 minutes away from San Gimignano, which was always cool to see off in the distance due to the large towers that existed when powerful families lived in them.
On the first day we arrived, we were able to experience on of the most relaxing days of my life as we hung out at the pool and took in the scenery around us. Not only did I love the beauty surrounding our house for a week, I also felt I learned a lot more during my stay there, regardless if I was in class or not. During the stay, I found myself learning more and more about the people I am on the trip with and building connections through long and intriguing conversations at the dinner table or at night. Along with that, I always enjoyed sitting down and talking to Francesca and Michael about anything and getting their advice and perspective on a lot of different things in life. They are easily two of the smartest people I know and it always a pleasure to learn from them, in a classroom or out. Overall, the stay in the farmhouse was amazing and I hope at some point in my life I will be able to come back, but if not, then I am glad that I was able to experience such an amazing time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment