Sunday, June 26, 2016

I feel like we can live here

During our time in Tuscany, we visited a different location every day. The ones that pop out in my mind particularly are Siena, Florence and the city of Pisa. I remember the excitement in my chest every night before leaving for these locations, knowing that I would see something that so many of my friends and family never have, or never may see. Each place basically began the same way. We had a few hours of tours, being able to see and learn about the many churches, city structures and statues that the place had to offer. We learned about so much more than just what things were however, getting a deep explanation on the stories behind every art piece and building. It was truly a privilege to have the opportunity to learn about these things in such depth, while being physically there to see, touch and even smell it. After the tours, we were given the opportunity to roam free in the city we were in for the day. This consisted of grabbing lunch with a group of friends, or even being taken out by our professors. No matter the group that I was with, it was always a fun time and a great experience, learning to interact with people who live and work in Italy. It began rapidly clear to me, that as students who are here learning Italian, we can survive and be off by ourselves efficiently. When learning the language in class, at times we may convince ourselves that we don't know what we are doing, or that it's too difficult to form a sentence. But when put in the situations in which we need to speak the language, I must say that we do very well. I'm excited to see what the next 4 weeks have to offer, and how our language skills will improve even more.

Below: I have blessed you guys with a picture of me. Oh, and the Pisa tower is in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment