Sunday, June 26, 2016

Week before Tuscany

It’s almost been a full semester of Italian here in Grado, and soon begins the week in Tuscany. We’ve had three tests this week, which has been time consuming but good to get out of the way before the week away from Grado. The weather has finally stayed warm throughout the day and we had a full day of sun yesterday. After the exam we went straight to the beach and had lunch and drinks in the sun, which was incredibly relaxing on a Friday afternoon.

            This week I’ve been getting really excited to go to the many different towns in Tuscany. My host mom has told me about how beautiful it is up in the mountains and Anna is from Siena and has raved about how beautiful it is there. I went to dinner with my host family last night, out to a place two doors down. It was a cute pizzeria and I got really good prosciutto pizza. It was fun to be out somewhere with the whole family and hear them speak Italian with friends that they saw at the restaurant. The young girls had friends there and it was cute to watch them play and play in Italian.

No comments:

Post a Comment