Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Getting into a Routine!

During the first week here in Grado we enjoyed food tastings, dinners with the group, and a trip to Cividale. Every day was different! All these events were fun and worthwhile. During the second week we worked consistently on conversation, homework, and tutoring. I feel very comfortable.

This week Grado has felt more like a home rather than a place I'm visiting. Every morning I wake up early, grab breakfast, and ride my bike to a cafe near the classroom. Thankfully this cafe has wifi (something my host family does not have it) so I spend a few minutes contacting my friends and family at home. After morning class I have time to go to the supermarket to grab lunch, usually a sandwich; I've discovered that prosciutto, mushroom, and mayo sandwiches are delicious! On Tuesday there was time to go to the beach before afternoon class which was a great way to relax (and tan) before learning more Italian! Not to mention the view was absolutely stunning!
   
After class I usually bike home and have some down time to study and review material before dinner. Consistently having dinner with my host mom Susan has played a large role in making Grado feel like home. Although different in many ways from dinners with my family at home, eating and talking with Susan has been very rewarding as well as comforting. Even though the days now have a routine every day is unique, exciting, and full of new experiences. I look forward to the weeks to come!

Ciao for now,

Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment