Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Beauty of Grado

Before leaving the U.S. we all knew how beautiful Grado would be, with our professor constantly filling the air with stories of her personal experiences. Needless to say, we were all excited and knew we would enjoy ourselves. I knew I would love the beach and the sunlight, but before my arrival here I never thought myself to be the person to really appreciate art and architecture. I have never been to such an amazing city, filled with unique buildings that I could stare at for hours (literally, I have a porch). Everything is unique, colorful and full of life. The many different view points of the beach, which we can acquire from countless locations on the island, allows us to see the ocean in a way that can hardly be described in words. Standing on the beach, you can see multiple other buildings, countries, mountains, and layers of colors in the water leading up to them. This is truly a sight that can never be forgotten.
Along with the beautiful sights, also come beautiful people. Most people are stylish, finding creative ways to look presentable, yet "pop out". Walking around, we get smiles, receive love and conversation, make new friends and mentors, and even find the occasional discount. We are welcomed. Although it may feel like a constant vacation (which it is), every interaction we have here, benefits our education so much more than I would have expected. I've only been here for a few days, and I already feel at home. That truly is not an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment