Monday, June 27, 2016

Being here in Italy I have noticed so many differences in the way we eat our food versus how Italians eat their food. Mainly the different times in which we eat or drink certain things. For breakfast, here everything is sugary. Yes at home I gladly have a donut or cinnamon rolls for breakfast, but here it's all sugary foods. No i'm definitely not complaining but it's very different than what I'm used to. When I was younger my mom would try her hardest to not let us buy the sugary cereal. Back at home one of my favorite breakfast meals is an english muffin with egg, cheese, and salami or bacon. Here I usually have a piece of toast with Nutella on it and maybe some cereal. In Italy, eggs are served as a dinner meal. I told my host mom how we have breakfast for dinner sometimes, but eggs for us are typically a breakfast meal. Here in Italy, when they serve pizza they also serve it uncut. I found out that it's is normal to just cut it up as you go. I was also told that cappuccinos are something that are to be had only in the morning. But at home, if I make a trip to Starbucks, I would drink it at any point in the day. One of the first nights I was here, I ordered a hot dog which I have seen on the menu in many different places. When my hot dog arrived, I was very surprised. It was not your normal american hot dog (not that I expected it to be). It was 3 different hot dogs cut in half and placed across a hamburger bun. Although it was not what I expected, I was very pleased with my meal. With me being as picky of an eater as I am, I can say that Italy was definitely the right choice in terms of food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment