Sunday, June 12, 2016

Week 2/Slovenia

Week 2/Blog #4

Blog #4
This weekend I took advantage of our weekend to travel and headed to Slovenia. Upon arriving in Trieste we stopped for a quick bit to eat before entering Slovenia. At the border we had to show a policeman our passports. The guys sitting in front of MG and myself didn't have a passport and never ended up getting back on the bus after the police man told him to get off. Once we arrived in Slovenia, It was a 10 minute walk to our hostel. Our hostel was pretty incredible. The people working their spoke English and were very accommodating. There was even wifi, an added bonus.  In the morning we all headed down to breakfast which consisted of chocolate croissants and coffee.  We then headed to Bled Castle in Slovenia.  Bled Castle is thought to be the oldest castle in Slovenia.  It is situated on a steep cliff overlooking Bled Lake.  We also had a cream cake and Theta lunch. It was a lot of fun. It started raining so we decided to head for the bus. The bus leaves every hour on the half hour. We somehow managed to make it right on time. The bus ride back is about an hour and a half. 
 We hung out in our hostel and then got pizza. We walked around Ljubljana in the rain. It was fun, but all my clothes were soaked. The highlight of the day was definitely the Bled Castle. 
That's where MG and I are in this picture. 
I also had my second out of the United States McDonald's experience. I was less than impressed. I think that McDonald's in America is better. In America I McDonald's is greasier and that's what I like about it. 
Slovenia was an awesome town. We walked around and looked at some old time castles. It was an incredible experience.


I am thankful for this incredible experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment