Sunday, June 26, 2016

First Month Coming to a Close (Post 7)

As our first month here is coming to a close I am feeling many different things. I am stressed studying everything we have learned this semester for our midterm. I am shocked that the time has flown by and I have already lived here a month. I am excited to see the adventurous and travels that next month will bring. Thinking back on the past four weeks I know I am in such a different place now then I was when I first arrived. For starters, my Italian has gone from zero to being able to carry on simple conversations with others. It is a process but during every conversation here I can feel myself getting a tad bit better and smoother with my talking. Next, I have became so comfortable in a home and in a country that is so far from my own. When I first got here I was awkward constantly noticing how those on the streets looked and viewed me as one of the only Americans. I was not fully myself around the house scared my host mom wouldn’t like me for it. Now I come home and feel like I am at home. I am able to fully be myself and relax which is something I never expected would happen here.
I have seen myself grow as a person while I am here. Being so for from home in a different culture was something I never thought I would be okay with. Since I have become so comfortable here I think I have become much more sure of myself. I have seen myself become a more confident person. I am much more confrontational then I have ever been in the past. It is much easier for me to start up a conversation with someone I have never met. I am comfortable and happy being on my own. I am no longer nervous about who is watching me or what people are thinking of me. I am simply just happy to be here and enjoy my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment