Sunday, July 3, 2016

Just your average day


Hello, after being in Italy for one week I have a routine. My typical day starts out with waking up at 8:30 am for class, Which begins at nine. My father, Paul, prepares an espresso and slices up fresh fruit for breakfast. The fruit is so fresh and sweet here, I love the juicy cherries, sweet apricots, oranges tender, crisp apples, and the plump grapes. My class is to walk along the beautiful canals of Grado, where I say "Ciao, come stai?" To the other people enjoying Their morning stroll. My classroom overlooks the ocean, in which I have a gorgeous view of the water and the sailboats gliding in the wind. Class ends at eleven and my classmates and I walk to a local supermarket to buy lunch, Which usually you Consists of cheese, deli meat, soft bread, and chips. We bring our lunch to the beach, where I lay on the lounge chair, tanning and breathing in the clean air of Grado, Italy. I always have to take second to remember That I am breathing in Italian air and That this place has just picked me up into a whirlwind of disbelief Because I can not actually believe I get to call this place my home for the next two months. After lunch, we have a tutoring session with Olivia on the beach and there's nothing I could ask for, it's class on the beach, and it's absolutely amazing. 

Sometimes Francesca will hold classes at the library, where we sit on the rooftop and are literally on top of the ocean. We also sometimes have class at a local café where Francesca will treat us to cappuccinos and freshly baked croissants. While we are at the café, I attempt listen to the other conversations other Italians have to see if I can try to understand. After class my classmates and I stay at the beach and complete our homework. Or if the weather is a little cloudy I walk and get lost in Grado. I am obsessed with the architecture and the old stones That the houses are made ​​of. Also the amount of flowers here is incredible Because every house has colorful vibrant flowers hanging from the windows or the surrounding restaurants. After my free time I return home for an incredible dinner with Paul and Mary Grace. Sometimes I will go out at night with friends to a local bar and enjoy one glass of wine, I am 21 so it is legal either way, and some cheese. I am obsessed with my life here I do not want These next weeks to go by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment