Sunday, July 10, 2016

Just take some time to yourself

For the past few week we had no special place that we were scheduled to visit, only attending our regular classes. You might be telling yourself, "well that sounds boring." But it has been such a relaxing and well needed week for me. I found myself playing basketball with the locals everyday, followed by going to the beach after. Needless to say, I'm considerably darker than I was at the beginning of the week. I have made countless new friends, that I continue to hang out with and see everyday. The best part to that is that I also improve my Italian language skills as well (some good and bad slang). Although it hasn't been one of the most eventful weeks, it's been one of my favorite simply because I've been give the opportunity to really take in and enjoy where I am. I get to slowly ride my bike around the island, breathing the Grado air and feeling the strong sun against me for hours if I choose. The aura that this island gives out is calming and always feels like theraphy. It's actually really difficult to mimic with my words the feelings one can get just exploring and taking one's time here. I have not one worry in the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment