Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Week 6/The Little Things

Week 6/Blog#2

It is hard to believe we have been here 6 weeks already.  Today started out the same way it usually does. My alarm went of at 7:30 before I finally rolled out of bed at 8. I made my way downstairs where I enjoyed my usual breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast, and strawberry jam with my host mom. After this feast, I did what I always do and I showered. After my shower I thought it would be a good idea to get dressed. After putting clothes on I packed up my school supplies and headed out the door for another exciting day. This is where my day diverted from the normal schedule. I was preparing to cross the street as I approached the crosswalk. There was an elderly woman already sitting there. She was waiting for oncoming traffic to come to a stop. When the light turned red and it was our turn to cross she proceeded to cross the street, However, oncoming traffic did not stop. The car almost hit her and she proceeded to yell. I can only imagine what she was saying to this driver. After she had crossed and gotten to the other side she turned around and continued to yell. I found this whole ordeal to be very entertaining. Luckily everyone was safe. I should have asked the woman to teach me some of the words that she was yelling, but I'm assuming that they aren't very appropriate for class. All in all, Italy is great and I am enjoying everything (especially with my friends) and all the little things along the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment