Thursday, July 21, 2016

Olanda

This weekend three other students and I took a weekend excursion to the Netherlands. We landed in Amsterdam on Friday afternoon, so we had plenty of daylight to savor the sights of the city. We walked the streets and kind of just wandered to familiarize ourselves with locations for what we had planned for the next day. I Looked up and found That has blackberries Amsterdam canals than Venice, Which is not surprising considering the size difference, but I Never Knew That canals were a main attraction. I never got on a boat tour to a canal, but I got to sit on benches and in cafes bordering multiple canals. A fun little detour we took was to visit the bench in the movie The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

My absolute favorite part of the trip was going to the Anne Frank house. We did not think we'd be a fire get tickets, but we Looked online the week before and got the earliest time slot for the tour. It was such a powerful experience to be in That House and I have a new appreciation for Anne Frank rather than my middle school experience with reading her diary. It was very thought provoking and I highly recommend it as a must-see for anyone planning on going to Amsterdam! 


No comments:

Post a Comment