Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Week 7/My Italian Family


My host family is definitely my favorite part about Grado. When I first came to Italy it was a much bigger adjustment than I had originally anticipated. I remember being a little bit overwhelmed when I initially got off the plane. I spoke no Italian and didn't really know what to expect. My host family has been so awesome since the very beginning and I have enjoyed staying with them. I especially enjoy my host mom. She is a great women. She is always trying to communicate with me and sometimes even attempts to speak on English. She is a really good cook and I love the dinners that I have with her and the rest of my host family. I also have a great host dad and two great host sisters. The other day we all went out to sushi and it was awesome! It was an all you can eat experience and it was very fun. We ordered too much food and we actually had to sneak the extra sushi into my host sister's purse so that we didn't have to pay for each piece individually. They made a joke about me stuffing it in their bags after wrapping it up in a napkin. I couldn't tell if they were kidding, but I went for it anyway and it was awesome! We all started laughing. It was actually really funny. I definitely ate too much sushi, but I'll remember that experience forever.  I am so grateful that they have opened their home to me and welcomed me into their family.  They have been so kind and generous and I appreciate everything they have done for me and all the opportunities this trip has provided.  It is great having another family in another country.  I will definitely come visit them again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment