Sunday, July 17, 2016

Week 7/Bat Life

Week 7/Blog #1

Today started out as any other day here has. I woke up at 7:30 AM and rolled out of bed around 8. I walked downstairs and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs and toast with strawberry jam prepared by my host mom. This week was particularly exciting and full of a lot of firsts. One of the exciting things to happen was MG calling me late one night to come over to her apartment. Being 11:30 PM, I was shocked she was calling ME so late.  It's not very often that I get a late night phone call such as this. When I arrived at MG's I received a much different greeting than I expected. Instead of inviting me for a romantic evening on the boardwalk followed by gelato, MG actually called me to get a bat out of her room. This was quite the experience. Her and AnnaLise had bought two butterfly nets from a store and we got to work. MG and Annalise were both kind of worthless in terms of catching the bat, but with my superior athletic ability I was able to catch the bat as he flew around the room. We put him in a wooden crate and carried him (still in the net) outside. The bats wing was stuck in the net, and I wasn't going to touch him. After this all happened we were sitting by the trash can and a group of Italian teenagers came and grabbed the net out of the trash can. They proceeded to chase each other around with the net and attempt to put it on one anthers heads. It was a interesting sight to watch for sure.  I am gald I was able to face and be the hero that captured the bat and "saved" MG and AnnaLise.

No comments:

Post a Comment