Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Having A Visitor

    I was lucky enough this past week to have a visitor from home come. I was so excited to be able to show someone the inns and outs of Grado and all the special things that the town has to offer. My favorite part about having a visitor was just walking around town with him telling him a little fact or story about each place we would pass. I was so excited to show him every alley way, old building, and view that I found myself falling even more in love with the town as I showed it off. I was also able to show off some of my Italian (which he was extremely impressed about even though he had no idea what I was saying)!
     Being able to have a little piece of home here in Grado was an awesome experience and helped Chicago not seem so far away. As I talked and raved about my experience I realized that all the times I felt homesick or felt that I was missing out at home disappeared. Since we have been here so long some days feel like a normal routine and I lose sight of how amazing this trip is and has been. I am very happy to realize how lucky I was again which will help me to appreciate every one of my last days even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment