Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 6: Boat Life

For the weekend, me and 10 other friends in the program went to Croatia to Rovinj. One of the things we really wanted to do was to rent a boat and go snorkeling and see the different islands. So we rented two boats for the 11 of us for 6 hours, and they took us wherever we wanted to go. We went swimming on private excluded beaches, cliff jumping and snorkeling. While I have been here in Italy, all of my friends were all together at each other's lake houses going boating and tubing and I was so envious because I love doing that in the summer. So it was amazing to be able to go boating with friends without having any worries, just like I would be doing at home, except so much cooler. My favorite part of the day was cliff jumping. I hate heights, they just have never been my thing, so when I was standing on top of the cliff I was so freaked out. But a few of my friends went before me so I knew I wouldn't die and so I went for it. It was so fun! I landed on my right thigh/butt so that hurt a lot but the rush of it was so much fun. Even though I am still freaked out about heights, it was cool to be able to experience that and not let my fears get in the way.



Ciao!
McKenzie Boyle

No comments:

Post a Comment