Monday, July 11, 2016

Grado Nightlife

Nightlife in Grado is quite different from nightlife from where I am from. For starters, coming from a small suburban town and attending a small college I have always gone out and known tons of people. Obviously this isn’t going to happen in another country so it’s weird going to a place with dozens of faces I’ve never seen speaking a language I am still learning.
The amount of people ranging from six years old to seventy that are out at night is quite a culture shock as well. The small town I am from shuts down at about 9 o'clock and children and older adults are definitely not out on the town past ten or eleven. But here in Grado everyone is out and about doing all kinds of different things. The town at night is almost equally as crowded as the town during the day. Whether a family is out getting gelato, a couple is mini golfing, or friends are getting together for drinks the people of Grado are always doing something together and out of their homes.
When we got back from Tuscany was when the crowds for the summer hit. At first I was extremely overwhelmed and did not like it because I had grown so accustomed to the quiet, peaceful Grado. However, over the course of a couple days I quickly fell in love with being outside at night with everyone listening to the street violinist play while eating gelato and catching up with friends. Nights at Grado are something I am definitely going to miss about this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment