Sunday, July 3, 2016

As always, left speechless

Each time I add a new blog to this page, I feel I say, "I just had the best experience of my life." And as much as I may say that, it never ceases to be true, because the adventures and trips we have here seem to get better each time. This past weekend we went out to the Alps, the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life. We were allowed to split up, roam free, exploring and hiking the mountains as we pleased. The freedom we had to do this definitely added onto my enjoyment, as we soon formed groups dependent on who wanted to go the highest. Of course, I myself, having never gone mountain climbing, decided I wanted to be with the group that wanted to go as high as possible, as risky as possible, but with the best pay off. We would find the best places to climb up, and from there, find another way to get higher. We spent hours just climbing, until we realized it wasn't physically possible to continue. And in that moment, being able to just relax at the highest possible point and see all that the Alps had to offer, left me speechless. I remember sitting there for at least 30 minutes just looking in every direction. I had to remove my sunglasses to make sure everything I was seeing was accurate, because to be honest it was in fact too good to be true. Everything I looked at looked like a painting, or greeting card. Even right now, I'm still amazed I had the opportunity to see such natural beauty, something that will never be replaced in my memories (and snapchats).

No comments:

Post a Comment